Sizing of waste pipe for washbasin

The Management has finally decided on the new layout for the bathroom; all I have to do now is fit it! Her plan results in the washbasin being sited approximately 4 metres from the soil pipe (single ventilated stack arrangement). According to what I have read t would seem that I need to use

50mm diameter waste pipe for this run in order to prevent loss of the seal in the trap through siphonage.

I don't have a problem with using this size of waste pipe if necessary but it does seem a bit large. Do I need to use it or is there any way (perhaps by use of an anti-syphon trap) in which I can reduce the size needed?

Grateful for any advice

Tony (more Spud than Bob the Builder)

Reply to
Tony

Washbasin wastes are usually sized for 32mm pipe,have a look here for further info..

antispam and add 670 after bra to email

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUME>CONFORM>OBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.

tarquinlinbin

"Tony" wrote in news:42a6cba6$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

HepVO - Excellent. Search archives and/or Hepworth's website. (Their flexible waste pipe also works very well.)

Reply to
Rod