Sink Waste Pipe T

Hi All

Just fitting the MIL's bathroom for her and I need to 'T' into an existing sink waste pipe for the waste of the new sink. The existing sink (now removed) had its own waste pipe but I can no longer use that as the internal cistern blocks its path. Its a hidden cistern back to wall jobbie. Can anyone point me in the right direction for such a 'T' I cant seem to find one anywhere, if there is such a thing!

Cheers

AJ

Reply to
AJ

Don't really follow what you mean. What exactly are you trying to do, and what do you want to tee into?

FWIW here's a standard tee fitting; certainly not unusual so i'm guessing that's not what you're after:

Lobster

I have T'd the washbasin waste into the bath waste in my bathroom due to only have space for one pipe into the soil pipe using a standard tee as shown in the other post. However I am sure from an earlier thread here that this should not be done as the water can be sucked from one trap when the other fitting is emptying thus allowing smells

May need to fit a running trap soil pipe side of the T as well

Tony

Reply to
TMC

I have done the same for the same reason. The trap never tends to get broken as, when the water moves air gurgles through. This only happened for me with the old basin with a normal plug. If the flow is constricted by a pop up waste for example, it's not really a problem (just the odd gurgle). Better separate though.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

The (partial) answer to that is HepVO. Works fine but some gurgling might still occur if you fix a basin waste to a bath waste. No smells.

Reply to
Rod

Thats the one, I couldn't find them anywhere guess it was a late night!

Basically I want to run a new sink waste pipe into an existing sink waste pipe. The existing sink waste pipe runs through the bathroom into the soil stack. the existing sink is in a room next to the bathroom. Previously there was another sink waste pipe for the bathroom sink but this cannot be used in the new setup because the new furniture (Hidden cistern toilet) covers up the where the old pipe went and there is no easy way around it. I just wanted a T peice as you kindly pointed me to. I'll attach a flexi to this and should be job done! If you have any other ideas please feel free to suggest.

Cheers and appreciated

AJ

Reply to
AJ

On Wed, 21 May 2008 01:44:32 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be AJ wrote this:-

You may find that the pipe run from the new sink is too long for the fall and thus causes siphonage, both at the new sink and at the bathroom one. This is indicated by gurgling in the traps. One cure for this is to increase pipe sizes, another is anti-siphonage traps.

Reply to
David Hansen

me, the old waste pipe, the one I am Teeing into is 38MM diameter (Outside) I know I have all sorts of fun and games when I did my wetroom with different size waste pipes. Is 38MM common or will I have problems with this and need to replace the lot?

Cheers AJ

Reply to
AJ

On Wed, 21 May 2008 03:37:47 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be AJ wrote this:-

Different manufacturers have different wall thicknesses, so there is no answer to this question.

The way to deal with this is to use McAlpine Multifit fittings which fit just about any pipe.

There is a table of lengths and falls at .

Reply to
David Hansen

40mm compression waste fittings (rather than push fit) will accomodate the difference:

then a 40-32 adapter

Both available at sheds.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Thanks Bob. Why would I need the 40-32 adapter? Could I not just buy a flexi that will fit the equal T as is?

Cheers

AJ

Reply to
AJ

For the purposes of this setup, your existing 38mm is a small 40mm (the current standards being 40mm and 32mm) NOT a large 32mm!. The new basin waste will be 32mm. The T, therefore, is effectively in 40mm pipe and allows a 32mm to join, hence the adapter. An unequal compression T 40-32-40 would be ideal but I couldn't find one!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

On Wed, 21 May 2008 12:01:38 +0100 someone who may be "Bob Mannix" wrote this:-

That is quite often the case with generic compression fittings, but not always.

McAlpine compression fittings will accommodate just about any difference. If anyone has found a situation where one would not make a waterproof joint I would be interested in hearing about it.

Reply to
David Hansen