Sink Drainers

Do all stainless steel sinks need to have the worktop cut away to accommodate the drainer part? Seems a bit OTT for something so shallow.

Reply to
John

In a word Yes. You are not cutting out to accomodate the drainer, the cutout is to allow the lip underneath the sink to fit into the woktop for clamping purposes. I don't think a sink has been invented yet that can be fitted to a 'partially' cut out worktop, but I could be corrected any minute ;-)

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Unless you fit the whole sink into the recess, and clamp it flush with the worktop, I don't see how you can achieve a water-tight seal between the sink and worktop.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

========================= I think you could probably cut a narrow groove with a router just deep enough (about 3/4") to take the lip of the sink top. This would leave the part of the worktop under the drainer intact.

You would also need to cut a few large holes (with a 'Forstner' bit or hole saw) to accommodate some of the fixing clips.

It would be worth doing a dummy run on a bit of waste chipboard or similar to see if it will work.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero