Single oven 50cm wide - does it exist? (2023 Update)

Very short on space and planning a kitchen. I could really do with a built-in single oven 50cm wide. I've tried looking online but can't see anything. There are cookers 50cm wide but I want a single oven, or oven/microwave.

Help appreciated.

Andy

Reply to
Eusebius

Beko seem to do one. I rather like Beko. Cheap cheerful and mainly OK

The Natural Philosopher

Aologies. Thast a cooker.

ISTR a friend had this problem and ended up with a dual microwave 0ven combo

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

From experience of taking a pizza home from the supermarket to my new flat and finding the 55 cm cooker wasn't wide enough to cook it, I'd avoid narrower ovens.

Would a wide shallow oven, i.e. a traditional pizza oven, be an acceptable variant?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Width can't be more than 50cm unless I move the gas meter!

Can't be a cooker because the hob will be in a different place.

You can see the problem.......

There are some dual oven/microwaves that are smaller I believe.

Reply to
Eusebius

So move the gas meter. You only need another 4 inches.

Or have a high unit and raise the oven above the gas meter?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Move the gas meter. You know it makes sense. Best not DIY it though. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Have a look at the suppliers for the Motorhome /boat market. You will find some smaller items amongst the suppliers.

Eg

Generally much less choice ,more expensive than domestic appliances and getting them with the correct jets for mains gas may not always be easy.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Wouldn't a combination microwave be what you want? Most include a grill element as well. Mine is just under 50cm wide.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Hello, did you manage to get one?

Reply to
Sima Jackulikova

Google Groups: YES Posters Location: Slovakia Date of thread: 2015

<Shakes head>
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz