Single Brick House Questions

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019 17:46:53 +0100, newshound

That was ours when I first bought it. The small extension to the 'rear addition' was a full single brick though with 3/3rds of it an inside bathroom (off the rear extension / kitchen) and the remaining 1/3rd the outside (and only) loo.
Now the 'new' ss extension is the only bit of the house with cavity walls.
I did re-render the main flank wall (internally, pre plastering) with a thermal render of some sort (that was supposed to help). It was quite 'aerated' so I can see how it might. We have since considered lining that with some Celotex but never got round to it.
But what if you have a single brick built house that is designed to 'breathe' through the brickwork to some degree and then you seal it up with (especially) external cladding?

Sometimes it's the right place to have them ... and I don't only mean when you are working in the garage / garden. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On 31/07/2019 17:46, newshound wrote:

I lived in onr of them fir 10 years - labourers cottage

I'm not small enough to live inside a single brick, which in any case has no inside, being filled up with ... brick.
So I can't help you.
--
"Please stop telling us what you feel. Please stop telling us what your
intuition is. Your intuitive feelings are of no interest whatsoever,

Would you agree that these days, many mortgage companies would probably not consider financing that sort of construction?
On 01/08/2019 10:33, newshound wrote:

Dunno.
If nothing else, the land on which it sits is worth more than the house.
--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."