Simple pleasures...

Decided it was time to do something about the light in the downstairs bog and eventually bit the bullet and bought a 12W LED from Toolstation, as in No 14618 shown on:

It has one compelling feature: You press the switch and the light comes on. Just like I seem to recall from the long distant past. Like I said, a simple pleasure, but no longer any (valid) excuse for missing the bog.

Oh...and light quality is pretty good (subjectively) although, if anything, it's a bit bright for the room.

If they were a good bit less than a tenner a pop, I'd be inclined to get a few more in.

Reply to
GMM

Ah but how long do they last in such a location?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

How about mounting one 'round the bend' as it were? That would make for a nifty effect, I reckon. Do it quick and be the first to impress your friends and neighbours before the idea goes mainstream and every c*** has one.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Probably the one place where one of those boodly bright blue LEDs would be a good idea.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Well....they claim 35,000 hours. Assuming a micturition rate of 1 litre per minute that's over 200,000 litres of piss less on my floor than Phil's. That sounds like a fair ten quid's worth to me!

Reply to
GMM

Lol. You'd only need 50mW then, maybe it'll be the next green fad. You'd have to bleach it regularly :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222