Silverfish in bathroom - any advice

Hi there,

In summary - what is the best way of getting rid of silver fish. Any over the counter solutions?

Since having a new bathroom fitted which is tiled, I have noticed there are always about 4 silverfish crawling around when I enter the bathroom in the evening.

The bathroom was carpeted before as it was when I moved in so I am not sure if they were there before and I just did not notice. As part of the changes, we did remove the panelling covering up the shared stack pipe (I'm in a flat on the second / top floor).

Now there is a small access hole to where the shared stack pipe is that I don't think I would have had before. Maybe this is where they are now coming in from.

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Smithz

Well they like damp so check for leaks.

Also, ant powder (at least some of it) kills Silver Fish. Stick it in the nooks and crannies they crawl in.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Reay

Look for a crawling insect killer spray in the usual retail outlets and try to find/fix the source of the damp.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist

Increase ventilation till the room is dry and they will die.

Reply to
marvelus

Thanks for all the advice. The case was, there was a constant leak before hand. But now in the last two months it has all been redone and all tiles over (so very hard to get access to anything inducing the main soil pipe.

Hopefully they are dying out but I will try the insect spray as well.

More hints always welcome, but it seems insect spray and good ventilation (extractor fan now fitted) are the key things.

Cheers

Reply to
David Smithz