Silicone Cutter

Just spotted this coming up in Lidl this Thursday

--

you get the page asking for a postcode, just press "Continue without Postcode" to see the item

Looks like it might be a useful thing to chuck in the toolbox...

Toby... Remove pants to reply

Reply to
Toby

What do folks think of the grouting set for £2.99. Is that going to be any good for smoothing out silicone?The ones recommended here were around £10, which seemed a lot for some bits of plastic. Can't remember the name, I'm afraid.

Reply to
GB

The Lidl kit is OK. I use mine for mortar based grout and keep the Fugi set for silicone etc.

rbel

Reply to
rbel

Tried similar, useless.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Fugen or FugenBoy

The Lidl set is excellent, buy one immediately!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes, but is the grouting set the same as the silicone set? If so I'll get one. Thought it might be a harder plastic on the grout one.

Btw, I notice that the angle grinder on offer for 30quid has a really compact gearbox head so should get in a lot closer than most cheapies. My current one is lucky to get a 70mm cut (pertinent atm as I am cutting a 3" cast iron stack with only access to one side).

Reply to
fred

Hopefully, nobody will use the stack whilst you are cutting it, or you will find out what happens when the shit hits a spinning disc. ;)

Reply to
GB

Fortunately this is the waste stack so only grey water, the foul stack is 4" so will require a new technique when it is done and yes, all cisterns will be drained, all pans will be cling filmed and duct taped. Nothing will be left to chance.

Reply to
fred

AFAIK its the same.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks, I'll check them out when they come available.

Reply to
fred