Sightly OT - Juicers

Juicers or juice extractors seem to come in a vast range of prices.

Any recommendations for a good one that doesn't cost a small fortune?

Cic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1351 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero

|Juicers or juice extractors seem to come in a vast range of prices. | |Any recommendations for a good one that doesn't cost a small fortune?

uk.food+drink.misc is thataway >>>>>>

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

I'd like to know too :-)

Since we diy most food it makes sense not to buy fruit juices.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

============================= I assume that you haven't taken on the mantle of moderator for this NG?

A question about home-made fruit and vegetable juices isn't stretching the concept of DIY any further than many other topics raised in this group.

Cic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1352 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero

We have looked at this for some time. We came to the conclusion that there is only one machine that works well and that is the Jack La Lanne thing, at the amusing price.

We still squeeze fruit by hand as jacks price buys a lot of fruit to squeeze.

Reply to
EricP

look to spend c£180 for a decent juicer that also does wheatgrass.

.

========================= The ability to do wheatgrass seems to be the criterion by which juicers are rated. Is there any particular reason for this?

Cic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 1352 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero

"Wheatgrass is such a concentrated source of chlorophyll and other nutrients that about 2 ounces of juice provides the same nourishment as up to 4 pounds of fresh green vegetables"

I'm sold but it seems like a lot of buggering about. having said that, eating

4lbs of veg every day ? don't think either my mouth or arse or me toilet could cope !!
Reply to
.

Try wheatgrass juice first.

Reply to
mogga

The message from "." contains these words:

Hmm, I can get through half a dozen pomegranates a day....

Reply to
Guy King

What on Earth is wheatgrass?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I can easily get through 4lbs of fruit and vegetables a day. I'd rather eat them raw than have the equivalent in 2 oz of juice.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

At Amazon it's £120 carriage free, that doesn't sound too bac. I'll compare it with John Lewis. I'd thought of buying one for a son and family for Christmas.

What concerns me is the list of 'features':

Product Features Juice whole fruits- no more peeling or cutting Up to 30% more juice than other juicers New and improved slimline design

3,600RPM whisper quiet motor with a non-drip spout Safety switch with a large pulp collector Patented extraction technology with surgical stainless steel blade Torque motor designed to run cool keeping your juice fresh "Secrets of Juicing" book included Easy to clean and dishwasher safe As seen on TV!

How is that last a feature?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Any feedback and decent price tip off appreciated.

The are american for goodness sake. You must try to have some understanding of of the difficulties they face in life!

Reply to
EricP

wake up, ffs LOL

Reply to
.

Assuming you hit the 'c' instead of the 'd' I think you must be in the "more money than sense" category. £120 for a thingy to squish fruit and veg?

FWIW, they get knocked out for between £60 and £90 by various companies such as CostCo, Makro and even QVC. Oh look, and even by Amazon.

As seen on TV!

More like a warning, you should see the size of the mouth on the woman selling the things. And come to that admire the crocodile skin of Jack himself.

Anyway, the La Lanne is now apparently old hat and the Breville Juice Fountain Plus - JE95XL is the one to have, although that seems to be a USA only model number. The following look like the UK versions and oddly enough it's the JE15 (not the "professional" JE16) which is the model that the Yanks rave about.

you want to pay top whack, you can get them at Comet (Breville, not La Lanne).

Steve Firth

Is that your considered reply?

If so, was it worth typing?

Reply to
Mary Fisher

How can you squeeze a pineapple - or even an apple - by hand?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They all seem to be round the £100 mark, except one which is well over £200. I don't need the bells and whistles of that :-)

The Magimix Duo seems OK but you pay more for some colours!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Cicero" wrote

I would ask - any recommendations for the easiest to clean...

Roy

Reply to
RzB