Shower Waste

Hi Group, I'm Plumbing in my shower tray and the waste has a rubber washer that fits between the bottom of the tray and the low level trap. I have plumbers mait to seal the top entry but should I also use plumbers mait around the rubber washer.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

Martin.

Reply to
Martin

I use a small amount of silicone both sides of the rubber washer. No problems so far.

Reply to
Grunff

I just installed one and used silicone sealer. A smear below and above the washer and then again under the rim of the waste above the tray.

It is fully continent.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks for the advice, do you think plumbers mait would do instead of Silicon sealant?

Martin.

Reply to
Martin

I would have thought so.