Shower Wall Covering (Sheet)

Considering getting the bathroom done and wondering about using sheet material for the walls instead of tiles.

Views and recommendations would be appreciated.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

How straight/flat are the walls and are the corners 90 degrees?

In my 1900s property nothing (wall wise) is square/flat and I decided that large panels was not the way to go in my bathroom. I also had the problem that my ceilings are 9ft and the easily available panels didn't come that long so floor to ceiling wasn't that practical.

I took the lath/plaster from one wall in the bathroom and even the stud work behind wasn't level! I had to make some thin spacers and fix these to some studs before screwing up the plasterboard.

Reply to
alan_m

l.

1988 build. Plaster board walls - that may get wrecked by removing the tiles. Going from Bath to a walk-in shower
Reply to
DerbyBorn

In message , DerbyBorn writes

Wide selection on Rubber duck bathrooms.

I have used Nuance Bushboard and Multipanel.

Both can be machined readily and glued in position. Multipanel was much cheaper and offcuts can be used for shelves etc.

Bushboard insist on you using their glue and sealant.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I wasn't tempted when I did my bathroom recently.

I'd make Multipanel about £1000 to panel around a bath, or £700 for a shower enclosure. Seems very expensive - tiles would be maybe £50-100?

Also, when I've seen it in hotels the surfaces look fine, but the joins are often mangy.

Reply to
RJH

IIRC I used Mermaid. A good few years ago and still looks good. Not much choice of patterns when I got it. Not cheap, but fairly quick and easy to fit.

Reply to
newshound

if it's plastic, don't. They might or might not look ok initially, but surface wear makes a horrible mess in time. Tiles are just slower going but last a lifetime if done well. And you don't pick diagonal pink stripes like a previous owner :/

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr