Shower tray waste outlet fixing

Bought item 10374 from BES:

it comes with a black rubber sealing gasket (not clearly shown in the illustration).

Should this go between the upper part of the chrome fitting and the top of the shower tray

OR

below clamping between the underside and the back nut?

Currently have it on the underneath the tray, but am looking at the finish of the tray on the underside and it is rough as a'holes! Tis a stone resin jobbie.

Hope you guys can help?

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

Was quite a few years since I fitted mine, which was a MacAlpine shower trap. Still got the instructions, and they quite clearly show the gasket

*under* the tray.

Can't remember for sure, but I probably bedded the top onto a thin bead of Plumbers Mate. I don't like the idea of even a little moisture getting to the layering of the resin in the edges of the hole, IYSWIM.

Reply to
The. Wanderer

Anyone advise?

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Cordless Crazy saying something like:

Underneath, tiny smear of gunge.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Cordless Crazy saying something like:

Try a different new post so that some may see your query, the old one came up under your shower drain query. No use just changing the title as a lot of readers will treat it as the same thread, depending on settings.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon