Shower Tray fitting

Sometime soon I will be fitting a 1600 X 800 shower tray. The manufacturers instruction say it should go on 18mm marine ply and it has 8 small nylon screws that are used to level it. The instructions go on to say not to fit it any other way except as instructed as this will void the warranty.

Previously I fitted shower trays bedded on a stiff mortar mix which seems to be the way most professionals do and have never had any issues. I have seen examples of trays being bedded on Silicon partially to stop them moving but with the weight of this one I cannot see that being a problem.

So the question is which way to go? The 8 nylon screws are only about 8mm long so not a lot of adjustment available and if the floor is out much I may not be able to level the tray. On the other hand do I void the warranty and go for the method I know works?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

could the 8 small nylon screws actually start sinking into the surface of the ply once you start using the shower? Perhaps use some metal plates under the screws to spread the lot more.

Reply to
alan_m

What is the tray made from?

Reply to