Terminating unused cables

I currently have an electric shower soon to be replaced with a Mira digital shower so the current 6mm power cable will not be required. The cable goes from the CU to a ceiling mounted pull cord switch and I will be removing the feed from the switch to the shower. The switch can stay where it is as we will be installing a false ceiling and the switch will simply be in the void.

I have been told that redundant cables should be terminated by connecting all their conductors at both ends. In the CU can I join all the relevant conductors with a Wago and push the cable out of the way and should I do the same at the switch end or will the switch left wired be sufficient?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

what is the mira digital shower running on or is this a TMV?

Reply to
SH

The digital shower does not use electricity to heat the water that is done by the combi boiler the device is simply a mixer where you can set temperature and flow rates. It all works off a 12V power supply.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Well, I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but when I used to do this, I just made sure the wires were too short to reach to anything live. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The switch will be sufficient - all you are doing is not leaving stray conductors flapping about where they might touch something.

Reply to
John Rumm