Shortage in Delivery

I am putting new skirting in one bedroom and ordered 4 pieces of 3.9m skirting cut down to 127mm wide and some picture rail. The timber yard only delivered 3. But as my wife was out it was left on the drive but covered over. They now say that 4 were delivered, seems very inplausable that somebody should run off with one piece on 3.9m long skirting. I believe that they only cut 3 so only 3 were delivered. I have just had to order one more piece so that I have enough and I am not pleased bearing in mind that I do use this yard when ever I need timber. I was thinking, as this was paid for by credit card do I have grounds to make a claim on the credit card company?

Trivial I know but then it is equally trivial for the timber company.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Whatever the outcome, make sure you never use them again! My timber supplier would have without question sent out a replacement the next day

- even if the driver and the yard manager both swore blind that the correct number were sent out. It just isn't worth arguing over such a small quantity.

As for making a claim - unless this is particularly expensive skirting I'd be inclined to chalk it up to experience and forget it. Surely it can't be worth the hassle for a small amount?

Reply to
Grunff

Mine as well ! Tomlinson Parbans in High Lane for anybody in South Manchester area -excellent (no connection - just believe proper service should be recognised)

Reply to
G&M

There is a £100 minimum for CC claims

Advise the shop that you will be reporting the theft to the Police and that they might want to question the delivery driver and order picker to determine where the theft occurred.

Also ask for a copy of the order note detailing that 4 pieces were taken from stock.

However how much is this skirting - £1.50 /m ? Is it worth it?

dg

Reply to
dg

I think they'll realise this is a bluff. The police investigate anything smaller than a million pound robbery? No chance.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just to update people with the saga of the short delivery. The company, Watford Timber, swears blind, well the driver does, that he delivered 4 pieces of skirting so I had to order another piece. Although I arranged delivery I called them back to hold fire until I would be home to accept delivery. I came home tonight and sitting on the front grass is a piece of timber, is it a piece of torus skirting, is it hell. They have now delivered a piece of plain 127mmx20mm timber. No doubt the driver will swear blind he delivered skirting and somebody else swapped it for plain timber. They even took the delivery sticker off the skirting and put it on the piece that they replaced it with, they will say. What tossers. In case anybody is in any doubt this is Watford Timber.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Rayner