Shoe Glue

cynochrlaate or whatever its really called is very hard to remember though.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Cyanoacrylate sounds pretty simple to me, and less childish than "super glue".

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Why not "skin bonding glue"? That's what it was originally developed for.

Reply to
Max Demian

Not exactly the same problem, but I've successfully used Shoe Goo a few times to repair failed seams, usually between upper and sole on walking boots.

Reply to
newshound

There is an industrial glue called E6000 - obtainable via eBay, although quite expensive. I have used it to glue trainer soles and uppers back together. This was the longest lasting glue I have found for such purposes, although it too fails after a while.

I don't know how well it would work if the contact area is small, and be warned - it gives of pretty noxious solvent fumes. These didn't upset me too much but some might find them seriously unpleasant.

HTH Jon N

Reply to
jkn