Shelf Bracket Screws

WTF are you talking about?

My SSDs have millions of writes already. And they don't all suddenly go on strike when wear limits are reached, They start to show high error rates on certain sectors. Which are then mapped out of use.

I.e from a pretty old SSD

1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate 0x002f 100 100 000 Pre-fail Always - 0 5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct 0x0033 100 100 010 Pre-fail Always - 0 9 Power_On_Hours 0x0032 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 30759 12 Power_Cycle_Count 0x0032 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 500 241 Host_Writes_GiB 0x0032 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 8448 180 Unused_Rsvd_Blk_Cnt_Tot 0x0002 100 100 000 Old_age Always - 665

So after 4 years and 8 terabytes of writes, it still has 665 bocks unused ready to be swapped in if a RAM area fails.

Its early days but there is every indication my SSDS will have a longer service life than the spinning rust they replaced.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have a far easier and foolproof method of finding studs.

Use a neodymium magnet to locate all the plasterboard nails and screws...

I then use masking tape on the PB over the found stud then mark on masking tape where all the nails and screws are so you can avoid drilling, nailing or screwing into an existing PB nail or screw.....

Make all your holes and fixings and then remove masking tape!

Reply to
SH