Shed roofing felt

I'm an enthusiastic recommender of Onduline. The material costs against a proper 3 layer felt job are near enough the same; the life span is probably about the same, but the real winner for me is that I can do in an afternoo n what would take 3 times as long at least for felt, with no mess, no strug gling with rolls and flapping material, and no danger of setting things on fire. I also suspect that removal and replacement will be easier than strip ping off old felt.
I covered my now 7 year old 'new' workshop with it - and last summer put it over the deteriorating felt on the old workshop and then the log shed too. This last one might give me bother as the pitch is shallow and the substra te a bit soft in places.
Rob
On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:36:31 -0700 (PDT), robgraham wrote:

Yup, Onduline is good. Beware of Corruline - looks the same but is thinner and possibly too flexible to lift a sheet to the roof on your own. I got the Onduline from Wickes 5 years ago. Last time I looked, a couple of years ago, the sheets seemed thinner and were labelled as corrugated bitumen sheet or similar. Corruline does need a bit of 'maintenance' to last the claimed life of 15 years, but seems to be just removing moss ect. a couple of times a years.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 15:35:48 +0100, PeterC wrote:

I was just about to ask about Coroline as that is the stuff Screwfix sell (but only in bulk). It is cheaper than the Wickes stuff. No mention that I can find on the Aerial Plastics web site of the thickness. That site does have a "handy how mnay sheets/fixing do I need?" guides.

Yes, I'm sure it was being sold as branded Onduline a few years back now it is sold unbranded. It is stated by Wickes as being 3mm thick the same as the Ondulines sites says for real Onduline. Wickes use the phrase "trade quality" which makes me nervous. B-)
Hum, the plot thickens. "Find Stockists" on the Onduline site lists Travis Perkins and Wickes only for Cumbria. County Durham has Keyline Builders Merchants in addition to TP and W. Northumberland is TP only.
On the TP site I can only find Coroline...
--
Cheers
Dave.
Dave Liquorice wrote:

I got mine from
http://www.eroofs.co.uk/dept/74/Coroline_Onduline_Sheets
they were £1.50/sheet more expensive than Wickes price per sheet, but free delivery, which solved my dilemma of how to get it home without damaging it or having to lash-up some sort of custom carrier for the roofrack.