Shared TV. Are all quadplexers equal?

Sorting out our future flat and have got to testing the TV.

My senses are offended by a nasty outlet, installed incompetently. It works though.

Since all the rest of the outlets are going to be MK LOGIC I was thinking of getting an MK K3554DABWHI

Am I safe to assume they will be interchangeable? I am assuming these are passive devices (just containing filtering gubbins). Would that be correct?

Reply to
Vortex12

The really shitty ones will have no screen (metal) box around the components. They will be interchangeable and the MK one will be screened. They are passive.

Are you going to have satellite as well - if so consider check the quality of that those down-leads. You ideally want to use wf100 type cable for digital TV and satellite.

Old article so prices are "bit" optimistic.

The autor, Bill Wright, sometimes still posts to this group.

Reply to
alan_m

I tested the satellite outputs direct to a small Sony TV we have, that happens to have a sat tuner. All seems to work OK.

Will put in the MK for now and worry about the quality later on, if necessary. The TV distribution is a Residents Association thing.

Haven't checked the FM, but on reflection I have nothing to plug it into!

Reply to
Vortex12

That's at least as good a product as an MK one, electronically. The only thing is the cables haven't been prepared and fitted properly.

There are some variations in these outlets. As far as I can see the system you have has all frequencies on one cable and just SAT on the other, in theory, but in fact it's cheaper to provide all frequencies on both cables, that's likely what you'll have. Have you asked about Sky Q?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Last time my Sky receiver broke they said they could not repair or replace it and told me Sky Q was the only option. Extra £12 per month for one TV in one room felt like extortion.

The good thing is Sky Q has ensured eBay is flooded with S/H receivers...so I'm sorted at current house. No Q though.

Now I assume your question actually relates to "hybrid" LNB's and whether the existing flat system emulates them. It's a good question and I will ask the Management Company person, but expect her to have no idea what I am talking about. I assume different "gubbins" at the head end is necessary to make this work....is it expensive?

Reply to
Vortex12

Not too bad per dwelling.

Bill