bearings

I have a well used cheap copy of a Dremel with a failed front bearing. I'm not going to buy a 99p, including postage, chinese bearing, so can anyone reccommend an online UK bearing supplier? A £2 unbranded, a £4 unknown brand? a £6 unknown brand? Low load, but 32000 rpm, dusty environment. A top brand bearing is too much when a copy of a Dremel is £20. The bearing is a 698. I'm inclined to a 698-2rs, because of the dust.

Reply to
Mike

Another site quotes 1980ZZ as being a 698-2rs and as capable of 36,000 rpm with grease or 43,000 with oil.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I'd imagine the real ones use some sort of self-lubing plain bearing.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

2rs means two rubber seals. The alternative, metal shields, usually has the suffix zz.

I'd replace like with like, rubber seals are (normally) black, and obviously rubber if you poke them with a pin. In either case they will come ready greased.

Personally, I would only pay a pound or two. I wouldn't worry about the lack of brand in this application.

e.g.

for metal shields or

for rubber. Or this, £3-69 for four

newshound