ServoWarm Boiler

Any idea who makes the mecanhical time controller for the Elite 30 boiler. It looks like it fits to a standard backplate with 6 wires.

I was thinking of replacing it with a 7day electronic timer. Many thanks Darren

Reply to
Darren Forward

In message , Darren Forward writes

Servowarm gear was mostly badged stuff.

Not enough info

Reply to
raden

Personally, I'd just fit a programmable room stat and leave the old mechanical timer on 24h.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thanks Christian,

Can you recomend any,

Are they easy to fit.

Regards Darren

Reply to
Darren Forward

Honeywell CM67 with optimum start, about £50.

Yes, one cable 2 cores.

Reply to
IMM

There are loads, depending on budget, appearance and features required. Almost all are fitted simply by connecting two wires to it. If the previous room stat was an old mechanical type with accelerator resistor, then you need to disconnect the neutral and cap it off safely as well.

If you give some idea of your budget, features required and decor, then a recomendation might be possible. The sort of features that you might like include:

7 day operation (as you indicate) extra hour boost party boost (i.e. multiple extra hours) holiday mode (turns off heating for 'x' days) preemptive start (turns on early, depending on how cold house is) shape (square, portrait, landscape) large display (shows temp, time, programme simultaneously without pressing buttons) backlight

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle