Separation of phases?

I seem to remember reading this but can't remember where....can't even find it in the big blue book....

Are there rules about physical separation of circuits on different phases? IOW, do (say) outlets on different phases have to be a certain distance apart, for instance?

If so, can someone please give me a reference? No, it's not for my own wiring... it's a H&S query and I want to track down a document they can point to.

If it is in the Regs, which section please????

Reply to
Bob Eager

514-10-01: [Para 2]

"Where terminals or other fixed live parts between which a nominal voltage (Uo) exceeding 230 volts exists are housed in separate enclosures or items of equipment which, although separated, can be reached simultaneously by a person, a notice shall be secured in a position such that anyone, before gaining access to such live parts, is warned of the maximum voltage which exists between those parts."

There may be others, but this one seems relevant.

At a previous place of work the socket outlets in reception bore the etched notice in red "Warning, 415V between adjacent outlets" (or something like that). They were about 4ft apart.

See also Part 2 for a definition of "Arm's Reach".

HTH.

Hwyl!

M.

Reply to
Martin Angove

(snip)

Thanks, Martin. Exactly what I wanted.

In this case it's an IT room where some equipment is one one phase and some has been bodged in on another... equipment is adjacent.

Reply to
Bob Eager