Semi OT: How to sober up quickly?

How to sober up quickly?

  1. Intravenous infusion of fructose, reputedly near instantaneous in reversing intoxication.

  1. Come 11pm on a Sunday night, wander into the kitchen to find a chill in the air and the boiler in lockout with a terminal ignition failure warning. Coldest night of year so far, snow on the ground and with nothing but a 1kW convector to heat the whole house. Necessity makes this nearly as quick as 1., followed quickly by: cover off, boards out, diagnosis (HT ignition fault - tracking), clean up, de-track, remove & clean slightly droopy ignition electrode[1], replace dodgy electrode earth and reassemble. Boiler fires first hit and celebratory beer is popped .

Discussion of other sure fire techniques invited . . .

[1] Don't try to correct an incorrect electrode gap, the heat embrittled electrode _will_ break.
Reply to
fred

An electric blanket is your friend.

Reply to
brass monkey

Or a woman each side.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , brass monkey writes

I'd probably pee on it when going for a piss.

Reply to
fred

But it's heaven when you get in ;)

Reply to
brass monkey

In article , brass monkey writes

You might have convinced me last night, got in late and it was seriously nippy when I got into bed but I have a seriously good duvet and it was toasty in no time (after some dreaming dog chasing rabbits movements).

I think I associate leccy blankets with my parent's generation and so have avoided them on principle, despite the potential nose/spite/face issues.

Anyway, time for bed, the late night diy buzz has dissipated.

Reply to
fred

En el artículo , brass monkey escribió:

+1.

Shortly followed by dishwasher.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

If only cats could wash dishes, they'd be the perfect companion.

I know they do a pretty good job of licking them clean, but I'd still like a rinse cycle.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You absolutely DO NOT want to know the image that conjured up...

Reply to
polygonum

Sadly, I'll have to take your word for that

David

Reply to
Lobster

Actually memory foam mattresses, under a decent duvet, are also pretty warm

Reply to
newshound

My dogs do a good prewash too if you make the mistake of leaving the door open on a stacked machine before running.

Reply to
newshound

I posted here a while back asking for electric blanket suggestions and sadly the replys weren't that conclusive, so did my own research and bought a Dreamland one. It's a dual control, so my side can be cool while the heat seeking missiles side can be hot and you can leave it on all night - it has a timer and thermostat. Heats up in 5 minutes and has an extra warm bit at the bottom for your tootsies too.

Best birthday pressy I've bought SWMBO for a long time!

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

That was how ours used to end up with a head covered in gravy ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, just bought a MF mattress and the difference is very noticeable.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yep. Btdtgtts.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Actually memory foam mattress, cuddly women on top, and duvet on top of that, even better ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Oo-er missus

Reply to
ARW

In message , fred writes

Yes, but if you do it while its firing up, that'll sober you up pretty quickly too

Reply to
geoff

Bloody hell, just moved from a sheet to a thin duvet the other night

'Er , of course, has two thick duvets now

Reply to
geoff