Self assembly wardrobes - advice needed

Hi

I need to replace the existing built-in wardrobes with new floor-to- ceiling jobbies that will be somewhat narrower than the existing wardrobes.

I want the options in the new wardrobes to be "flexible" e.g. shoe rack at base, dual height rails on one side, a mixture of simple shelves and drawers on the other side,etc. with floor to ceiling doors (2.6 m)

I want something that is self-assembly as my wood-working skills are limited.

Any of the DIY sheds or Ikea have self-assembly but I don't want to spend days hiking round to discover what's on offer isn't "Modular" enough for my needs or can't fit the narrow space I have (two spaces

90cm wide).

Who stocks and sells such things?

Thanks

Clive

Reply to
Clive

I think you'll find most diy shed stuff is designed for 2.4m height. If your skills are limited to adapt stuff, employ a joiner to do it - most can usually do a beautiful job of adapting standard stuff.

Reply to
dom

Not sure on your budget, but sliderobes do some very fancy wardrobes. All you have to do is to make the workmen coffee's when they fit them for you.

Reply to
diy-newby

I bought some self assembly furniture from Ikea the other week unpacked it from the boxes and watched it for ages.

It didn't make any attempt to self assemble!

Reply to
m1ss_wh1te

I hope you took it back and demanded a refund - quoting the Trades Descriptions Act.

Reply to
Roger Mills

And pay the office loads of wonga for the fitters to drink YOUR coffee. I have seen lots of Sliderobes installations (I live in Leeds they have a sales office in the area) and honestly I could do similar, if not better job, for lots less money! The last installation I saw the lady said "It's a lovely job, they (fitters) were only here for about 3 hours and it only cost £2500!!" F**k me there were two 8' x 4'sliding mirrors, behind which was a top shelf, 4 shelves up one side and a 6' hanging rail!!

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Ikea have a website which provides details of pretty much all they sell.