Seems the retro fad continues - sail power

Chernobyl

Reply to
Andrew

No it isn't, with most of them there is no JIT with those.

That's wrong too. more slow carriers cost more.

That's why the bulk mineral carriers are so f****ng large.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No possibility of that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Which was the point I was making.

You are not keeping up with the thread.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

And even with bulk carriers there just isnt enough area.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They don't have enough area to be useful.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Precsiely Already down below 10% of the accident radiation levels.

Chernobyl is not a long lived nor a radioactive isotope It is a place. in Ukraine

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No it wasnt, you ignorantly claimed that a continuous supply is needed.

The reality is that they all use a very lumpy supply with stockpiles to spread out the lumpy deliverys at both ends.

Thats what those f****ng great tanks are there for with fossil fuels and massive great piles with other stuff like coal, minerals etc.

Yes I am, I have read every single post in it.

Slow carriers means more ships used and so costs more for the customer.

Reply to
Rod Speed

They could make them hybrid :-)

Reply to
Colin Bignell

But still wouldnt have enough area to be worth the stupid cost of getting them out of the way when loading and unloading the bulk freight.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What they need is Carter the Farter.

When the wind wouldn't blow and the ship wouldn't go, they'd get Carter the Farter would start 'er!

Chris Hogg