Seeking debris trap for drainage gully

Hello -

I'm looking for some kind of filter basket (aka debris trap) to put in a gully (aka grid aka land-drain) to catch some of the larger gravel and leaves and prevent the undergound pipes from getting clogged. There's a delightful high resolution photo of it at

My local builders' merchant and plumbing centre couldn't help, and I haven't found anything online.

Is there anywhere that I can buy such an item, or will I have to create some kind of kitchen-sieve-with-legs?

Thanks

Reply to
Simon

erm take away the coke can? That grid should do what you want and be easier to clear. If the pipes block that easy they have a more fundemental fault like too little too much fall or there isn't a trap underneath that grid.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hi,

I've seen sheets of small gauge weldmesh (the same type used in birdfeeders) at the local hardware shop for a few quid. A search on Google should find a manufacturer, or I could have a look next time I go there.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C