Security/locks for steel shipping container?

nah they're all corrugated steel with ply lined floor so fork trucks can operate -

or line with cheap 50mm polystyrene sheets and use pallet shrouds over your gear, but be prepared for dampness

JimK

Reply to
JimK

Think cordless angle grinder nowadays, or for the well equipped ned, Stihl Cutquik :-(

The noise may not be a problem for Sid Smackhed if locks are out of the way.

Security trucks have non setting glue in the side panels to gum up cutters , do any of the lock shields have any way of slowing down cutting wheel attack?

Thanks Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Reply to
michael adams

As a matter of interest how do you get a shipping container from the ground onto the back of a lorry or onto a trailer ?

michael adams

michael adams

Andy Burns

That would be worth doing, people do watch and you don't know who is watching. Even, perhaps particularly, via the CCTV...

Is it just me or is there a front/back reversal here? To me "back" would be furthest from the doors and "front" nearest but then I'm considering the thing as a box on the ground not on a trailer...

But yes putting the valuable stuff furthest from the doors, hidden by "junk" isn't a bad idea.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The simple way is container jacks. These are high lift screw jacks which fit in the ISO 1161 corner lugs on the container and allow it to be lifted sufficiently for a flatbed lorry to be backed underneath.

the posh electrical version.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Well, there are several options. Two (container side lifter and high-lift jacks) have been noted by others.

IME, both of the above solutions are not so common. The three most common solutions would be:-

  1. Knuckle-boom crane (aka Hiab).

Separate Crane and truck.

Hook-loader.

Dave Osborne

> 2. Separate Crane and truck.

I did realise that.

My point was that anyone who'd go to the trouble of stealing one of those would already know what was in the container. They'd hardly do it on spec. Just in the hope that any container they found sitting in a field didn't contain just a few bags of fertiliser.

Anywhere where you could lift a container without being noticed is also the sort of place where any farmer would lock it to prevent his bags of fertiliser or chainsaw being nicked by ne'er do wells.

michael adams

michael adams

You forgot the 4th method!

Vernon