Securit 700L alarm (circa 1995)

Has anyone by any chance got instructions for disabling the "chime" facility on one of the above alarms? A copy of the booklet for the unit would be a great help for reference as I may have to swap out the outside sounder unit soon. John (remove AS to reply directly)

Reply to
John

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 06:37:53 +0000 (UTC), "John" strung together this:

Try this

Enter your user code. Press the chime button. Select\deselect the zones for chime. Press the * key.

That would be the installation manual you need and you're not an installer. Also, the specifics of changing the SAB would come under the SAB instructions, not the panels and if you know what you're doing you don't need the panels installation manual. The user manual on the other hand is fine, I'd let you have that if I had a copy!

Reply to
Lurch

I have sent you both manuals. By chance I had downladed them yesterday for todays work.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The only communication with the system is via a keypad which doesn't have a chime button. Available keys are numericals 1 to 0 with a star and a hash key. There are two levels of code for 1. user and 2. engineering but I havent got the documentation any more.

I actually installed the thing back in 1995 for an elderly relative. The unit was used less and less as years went by and they left the house less and less until a few days ago when we were clearing the house out following bereavement. The battery was dead and the power supply off. I fitted a new battery and restored the power whereupon it awoke but back in original settings mode with zone one chime active. As zone one on this system is a pir covering the entrance it gets to be a bloody nuisance as you walk around the hallway. I can vaguely recall disabling the chime from engineering level settings but the paperwork is long gone and I can't recall the codes to do it. :-( The level one adjustments are printed on the label under the lid which makes changing the entry code, walk test, bell tests etc a doddle but nothing higher.

Reply to
John

SNIP

Great. Attachments arrived safely. Please accept my heartfelt thanks.

John

Reply to
John

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:43:47 GMT, "ARWadsworth" strung together this:

I haven't received them.

Reply to
Lurch

Should have read that I had sent John both the Engeneering and User manuals to John. But you are welcome to a copy as well.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 06:03:14 GMT, "ARWadsworth" strung together this:

I was pointing out, in a rather too subtle way, that your post is in reply to mine when I didn't actually ask for the manuals, the OP did. But I see you're using OE, never mind.

Reply to
Lurch

By chance do you still have these because they sound like exactly wha i need right now to resolve a problem after respoitioning the contro panel with the power off, it no longer works and appears to be in som sort off locked down state

-- paulfowler

Reply to
paulfowler