Sealing between slabs

Have just finished laying some slabs.

Question is, what sort of screed, mix or whatever do I need to fill in spaces between slabs?

jamesy

Reply to
jamesy

I used 6:1 sand cement.

Weeds still manage to germinate on it though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I use the B&Q gen purpose mortar (Hansen brand). Sweep it over the slabs dry, push it down tight with a piece of wood, brush off the faces, and use a watering can with a rose to wet it.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Doesn't that cause splashes which stain the slabs?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not with a rose. A spray can be used but it's hard work, and there's a danger that only the surface gets wet

Reply to
Stuart Noble

4:1 building sand:cement, plenty of black die, with plenty of good plasticiser, mix it quite stuff, and work carefully.

This is the mix I made for SHMBO to do our slate floor slabs & it looks great.

Rick

Reply to
Rick