SDS chuck conversion

Are you with Plusnet? There's a known problem with Plusnet's DNS and their supplied router accessing Screwfix at the moment.

Reply to
Reentrant

Both the same, but the former is only possible if your SDS drill has rotation stop. Not all do (did).

Reply to
Andrew

Well I still can't get the page to load so that could certainly explain it, yes.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yes, I'm not happy that one of those add-on ones would work for my purposes to be honest. However, swapping over chucks as others have suggested are a much better solution and happily, the model I have is able to do this. Thanks, all.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Details here if you're interested:

Reentrant

Excellent! Many thanks for that.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Co-incidentally I've started having problems with Toolstation's website.

The Homepage loads and I can browse the online products.

However, When I try to sign in with my user name and password, I then start getting white web pages with the text "502 bad gateway" in black.

From this point on, the entire toolstation website then displays 502 bad gateway. This remains the case for around half a day and then I can finally log in. I then complete my business and log out.

Only for this to happen again when I next use the Toolstation website.

This is the same on Edge, Chrome and Firefox and DuckDuckGo privacy browser.

This is the same across a Win 10 computer, a different computer with Linux, an android smartphone and an apple iPad.

It does not matter if I use Wifi or 4g & Wireguard VPN back to home on the android smartphone or Apple iPad

The only common denominator? Vodafone Router and fibre to the home.

I also run my own DNS courtesy of a Pi Hole and the upstream server I use is Cloudflare at 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1

The Pi Hole has DNSSEC enabled.

Reply to
SH

No doubt the Russians are to blame. ;-)

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Try changing the DNS server that the PC is using - so it is not using...

That will avoid using the PN DNS servers, and also using the router as a DNS proxy.

Reply to
John Rumm

I suspect he was referring to the difference between a normal "hammer drill" and a SDS. The hammer actions are quite different. What you are describing is the difference between a two function SDS and a three function one (i.e. with roto stop)

Reply to
John Rumm