scumbags

Matches and accelerant. Progress, innit? Bear in mind that the inhabitants of that fair city have become used to playing the victim card and it's always someone else to blame.

Reply to
Richard

WTF does it mean?

Reply to
Max Demian

It's an affectation from Jimbo's time on the Amateur Radio group...

Reply to
Spike

oh right

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

easy... they trash what is not theirs ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

heard it on the air from European stations many times...many times many many many times.....I didn't make it up

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

For example I live in the near of Glasgow...not in it

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

More simply expressed as "I live near Glasgow", Shirley?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes but it's a calque of the German "In der Nähe von...", which you will sometimes hear from the minority of German radio amateurs whose English is not perfect.

Reply to
Custos Custodum

spot on

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

And an excellent word it is, too. It's very rarely heard outwith Scotland - or indeed, furth (sic) of the country.

Reply to
John Armstrong