SCSI bus termination

You said "two thumbs and an index finger? " Which is 3 digits. As stated previously, you only need two digits to represent the number 18 in binary. One for 16 One for 2 Unless, of course, you are using an alternative version of binary?

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Maybe you forgot the parity bit?

Reply to
dennis

En el artículo , Jon Fairbairn escribió:

Live long and prosper :o)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

No, it was even parity obviously... ;-)

(As dennis takes argument wiggling to a whole new level!)

Reply to
John Rumm

No this is a new level.. 2s compliment.

Reply to
dennis

So, still two digits, then?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

What, telling the 2s how nice they are?

Reply to
Bob Eager

En el artículo , Bob Eager escribió:

Subtle. :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I think you wiil find that is 31 with a slightly strained digit arrangement :-) At least. I can't get my middle two fingers apart without a lot of concentration.

Reply to
David WE Roberts