Screwfix 32.4v drill

Perhaps they should have sold it as being value at so much per kg?

There is an ideal balance between weight for stability and excess which will be a pain - literally with some - which must vary with the individual. But 4 kg for a cordless drill I'd say is far too high for any normal soul.

The other thing that may not matter to some, but does to me, is that when the battery fails - as it will - replacing the cells with decent quality ones makes a vast difference to the performance of the tool. I've got a B&Q 18 volt where this is definitely the case. And new cells for that cost about the same as a new drill. At 32 quid for a 24 volt, they'd cost considerably more. Not that you'll find the same drill at the same price by the time they fail anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

SDS is taking over for masonry drilling.

Reply to
IMM

replying to Brett Jackson, Steve wrote: I had one for years and used it to jack up the caravan legs until the battery gave out but will look to see if I can get another one

Reply to
Steve

oooer what a strange idea? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I don't think screwfix have any left from 2004.

Reply to
dennis