Screwfix Ferm Jigsaw

I'm thinking of purchasing the Ferm jigsaw that screwfix sell for £17.99.Has anyone bought one and are they any good.I've seen some that cheap in b&q and Wickes and they look pretty poor. I've already bought the Ferm 24 Volt cordless drill from Screwfix and it's seems to be a very good purchace. Thanks in advance Cal

Reply to
Cal Mac

I've got one but it doesn't come close to my Bosch. It doesn't cut half as nicely and the blade holder works loose and is fiddly to use. I'd spend the bit extra, I think you can pick the basic Bosch up for about £30 now.

Jim

Reply to
JimM

get the Bosch (must have pedulum action)

never ever buy black & decker

Reply to
Chris Oates

I'll third that - jigsaws are one of those things where cheap ones are next to useless, unlike say belt sanders, where a cheap one will do a reasonable job.

Get a Bosch.

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks all I think i'll go for a bosch then, at least it will last. Cal

Reply to
Cal Mac