Scale Inhibitors

The permanent magnet or the electronic ones. For the 15mm mains water inlet

Do they really work and which is best, magnet or plugged in one? They all seem to cost a bomb but I have heard some good stories from users both domestic and semi industrial. I thought they were a joke.

Cheers

Reply to
EricP

Nooooooooo!!! Please God, not again..Anything but this. How about we talk about low cost power tools instead? Or maybe the pros and cons of combis? Please??

Reply to
Grunff

Or Dysons. We could discuss Dysons.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

Combi boilers?

Reply to
Bob Eager

You could buy one of each.... a win-win situation.

Buy two and they come with a free water divining rod...... :-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible." - Bertrand Russell

Reply to
Andy Wade

I looked and can't see anything. If the place is plastered with this query, a pointer in the direction of them would have been a bit more helpful.

As I am faced with shelling out a packet for one of these things, the subject is serious to me.

I have always thought them a joke, I am told they are not. So I come here to find helpful people that will probably know the answer.

Reply to
EricP

Yet again, thanks for a sensible answer. :))

Reply to
EricP

How about how to cut tube with a hacksaw in preparation for use with Speedfit?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I wonder who that's going to be? Oooh the excitement!!

Reply to
EricP

It wasn't a high horse, just a statement of apparent fact, as any reader can see by looking.

I can take the piss as well as anyone else, and have a fiendish delight in doing so, I just don't really see the point in doing it in a group like this. Seems a pointless exercise for the terminally bored and impatient. (Although I have also been quilty of that many times )

Remember, any group lives on the flow of posts in it. If you kill everybody, then you will soon get bored with your own company. Anyway, I have got the answer I wanted and have saved some dosh, so I am happy. :))

See you tomorrow I expect, with another daft question. (Probably on a plumbing topic, although I may switch to re-wiring for a change of scene. I will try to make it a good one for your entertainment. :))

Reply to
EricP

Yes, based on your recommendation I bought one of these devices. I installed it in accordance with the instructions and ... it did f*ck all for the inhibition of scale. Indeed I was considering sending you a bill for the damage done to my CH and DHW.

However in all the time that it was installed, I did not grow any scales on my skin. It also worked well to keep elephants out of my garden.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The two sets will have a 100% overlap.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Bwhahahahahahahahahaaha.

s/if/when/

Don't waste your time or money.

IMM is a sucker for every stupid device on the market. Check out his posts about "Cataclean" for example. He probably has a drawer full of green pens for CDs.

Reply to
Steve Firth

And it will reveal that these are the same people.

Reply to
Bob Eager

What name have you given this rock?

Reply to
IMM

Stop making things up.

Reply to
IMM

AH yes, it couldn't possibly be that the device that cannot work does not work.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You really do beleive that snipping text and inserting the comment above achieves something other than making you look like moron don't you?

Reply to
Steve Firth