Saving/copying gifs from flickr

I am having trouble saving some images from flickr. If I right click (win XP) and selecect save picture as, some files come up as saveable as .jpg and these then open fine (or can even be copyed and pasted). but others come up as only saveable as gif or bmp, and these just save or paste as a blank file.

Is this just the way things are with gifs? just the way things are with gifs on flickr? some kind of copy protection? or something else?

Reply to
zikkimalambo