Saving animations

How do you save video? I have never been able to do so. I would like to add this to my collection of weather charts:

Weatherlawyer

It isn't video, its a web page, with a script that cycles multiple gif files, so "file, save page as, webpage, complete" ought to cover it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Weatherlawyer

Anyone familiar with Linux on here?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Well, I use it now and again but would have no idea how to do what you want with it.

I managed this with XP if it is any use though ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Save each of the gifs separately and use something like openshot to stitch them into a movie?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On 07/07/16 23:28, Weatherlawyer wrote: ne/images/loop_of_the_day/20160706000000/20160706023900_nepartak.gif

Yes, why?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As TNP says....Yes, but why?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Ok, I'll see if I can read between the lines for you (both) here.

Maybe Weatherlawyer is running Linux himself and feels he would need the assistance of someone who knows Linux to be able to help him do what he requires?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yep - I don't see that it matters that the os is Linux, BSD or whatever - the webpage is simply a load of gifs and not a video.

Reply to
Mark Allread

Then again, perhaps not.

No sign of the OP answering the question either.

Better to wait for a more specific question perhaps?

More useful would have been on the lines of "Anyone here know Linux? If so,......"

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

data_folder=loop_of_the_day/20160706000000&number_of_images_to_display=100&loop_speed_ms=100

No, but something like a video (or a single animated gif) is what I believe the OP was after and he wasn't sure how to produce such on Linux.

I wouldn't know how to do it on Linux and hadn't ever done it on Windows either but the first free Windows app did it with a couple of clicks for me.

Cheers, T i m (on my Linux laptop at my Mums).

Reply to
T i m

I don't think we can tell as I think he posted from Google Groups?

Indeed.

I'll stay with my first hunch till then.

Yup. I think someone who was computer literate wouldn't be posting though Google Groups and if they had been given Linux (or installed it themselves and was lucky with the install), they may not be familiar with how they could turn the web version of the weather map into a local 'video' as easily from Linux as they might from Windows.

I mean, how many free Linux 'Gif animator' programs are there? On Windows I had the choice of over 10? (Genuine question).

Now, it's quite possible that someone who 'knows Linux' wouldn't need any app as it may be easy to take the files and turn them into said 'video' from the CLI?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Having been told how to save the page along with all the individual GIFs, he can use something like ImageMagick to concatenate them to a single animated image, doesn't require linux knowledge as such ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

How do I do it with Windows 7?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Someone with a brain?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

It is very difficult to deal with fools without bullying them. I wonder if that is why so much bullying occurs in schools.

We just don't teach children things that matter and since the British educational system was designed to end promptly at 14 and was administered with random unmitigated harsh acts. It is strange that it lasted.

But last it did. Hence some postage on here is singularly below par. Even the average.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Same way I did it under XP potentially (and the beauty of Windows over a million Linux spins ..).

First I did as suggested by Andy suggested and (in Firefox) opened the Menu and selected 'Save Page' and saved it to the desktop.

If you open the new folder you should see all the separate gifs.

I then Googled to several 'gif' related apps and this one looked the most relevant:

I opened it, selected 'Animated gif' from the circular menu, then browsed to the desktop and the new folder on the left window, selected all the gifs (select the first, hold down Shift and then click on the last to highlight the group) then dragged and dropped them on the main window. I then clicked save and called it 'Weather' and save it in Dropbox.

You can also play with the timing but it didn't make much different on this slow PC.

HTH?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. If you just want the gif you can start mine from the link above and just right click on the animation and select 'Save Image as'.

Reply to
T i m

I've more of a brain that you have.

But you are unable to accept that your opinions are not your own, but were constructed and fed to you.

The difference between us is I know how stupid I am, but you think you are pretty smart, and that makes you a complete tool.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, there are quite a few free photo gif makers.

A slightly faster method of collating the pictures is to either find page info from menu or, R click picture and select 'view image info'. You will see a split screen and the top(for me with FF) will show a list of all elements on the page.

Click the header to align the file names alphabetically. shift select them all and choose save as.

Reply to
RayL12