Saniflo

Im confused? Read the above f****it. Pressure, not vacuum.

Oh here we go, Teflon Dennis again. So a rubber seal being pushed down doesn't seal as well as one being pulled up? Think about it will you?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dennis is intellectually challenged. He only thinks in simple pictures like in the comics he reads.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So you can't answer any of the questions then?

Wait for it, Teflon Dennis will now deny he ever said plungers work by vacuum...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

He can read ?

Reply to
geoff

Well they swing both ways..

" The noun PLUNGER has 4 senses:

  1. someone who risks losses for the possibility of considerable gains
  2. someone who dives (into water)
  3. hand tool consisting of a stick with a rubber suction cup at one end; used to clean clogged drains
  4. mechanical device that has a plunging or thrusting motion "

See? they are as dumb as dennis.

There's also another meaning more SLANG :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Cleared it with a one of those long springy drain clearing things from Toolstation £7.50 plus the petrol to go get one. It seemed to just be compacted toilet tissue, about 12ft from the Saniflo.

Reply to
Steve Firth

If that's not possible:

Part timer

The hell I will. You prove they don't. You can't. You only got yourself into this mess because you can't read properly and confuse what you are talking about with a plunger. As you like screwfix then this is about as close to a plunger they sell

works by reducing the pressure and drawing the blockage back up the pipe not by trying to force the blockage further down the pipe. The whole point of my post you jumped in on was the fact that he was using one of those pumps and calling it a plunger when they work in different ways.

You are still an idiot. You don't have the sense to realise when you are wrong and think you will make me change my mind because an idiot like you shouts loud and uses abusive language. It wont work I never believe people as stupid as you appear to be.

Reply to
dennis

Except that any bits in the lift side will tend to settle down the pipe when not being pumped...

It also avoids too low a flow rate in the 40mm gravity part post

22/28 lift. To low a flow rate means bits don't get carried along properly, too fast a flow rate and they get left behind....
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Whilst I'd agree that a plunger creates a vacuum, this is of extremely limited volume and the most you can hope for is that it "shakes a blockage loose", rather than sucking it bodily backwards into the sink / bowl. It creates both in turn, as you thrutch it back and forth. The old rubber Dalek plungers could raise some vacuum (stiffer cup sprang back better) the modern softer plastic concertinas are rubbish for it.

As I wrote, the pre-pumped unblocker has far more grunt. Of course it's not going to work into a tapering conical pipe, but then that's an installation problem just waiting to happen. No-one would be fool enough to to plumb that way, except possibly Steve for reasons of tradition and his (I'm sure) slavish obedience to official rulings.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Easily. The Saniflo blades are unfit for purpose and the motor hasn't enough torque for the job. Dental floss or even cotton fibres are too strong for the Saniflo to cope with.

Whatever seems a reasonable price at the time, but never the cheapest stuff because that's just awful. It tends to be Kleenex/Andrex or the Cash and Carry own brand which is similar quality.

[snip]

When we bought the Saniflo it came with a sticker to apply to the cistern listing all the things that must not go down the bowl. Chewing gum, bottle caps, razor blades, sanitary items, wound dressings and paper handkerchiefs were on the list.

They'd have to have a head like an owl to read the Saniflo list pasted to the cistern. [snip]

I've taken a couple of trips to sewage works. The automatic scrapers pulling stuff out that people flush down lavatories bring up an impressive range of stuff. Mostly condoms but there's other stuff in there.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Definitely not.

Part G (...a macerator may be used if...) "there is also access to a closet discharging directly to a gravity system"

Reply to
RubberBiker

He can sure look at pictures in viz. I am not sure if the words get through though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Getting closer! It reduces the pressure at its end and the [relatively] higher pressure at the other end /pushes/ against the blockage. (A 'vacuum' cleaner works by reducing pressure thus causing the atmosphere to push air in to the volume of lower pressure and that inrush does the moving of debris. Why would want to clean a vacuum?).

Reply to
PeterC

I have a fairly old rubber plunger that you have to warm slightly before it will seal on the suction side. Its too stiff to seal in winter when the water is only a few degrees. It will quite easily pull stuff back out of the trap into the bowl. You really don't want any forward pressure as that will just compress the blockage into whatever is causing it to stick in the first place and that may just make it worse. Then you have to get the sticks out and start poking at stuff.

I find stuff usually gets stuck at elbows or in the traps, seldom in the pipes.

I have a particular problem with wax getting in the bathroom sink, but one day she will be too old to wax or have left. Its easy to deal with, just use the plunger to suck it up into the sink, wipe it around with loo roll and flush it BTW. I wouldn't be able to do that using a pump like screwfix sell.

TMH will be along in a bit to add a few abusive words BTW.

Reply to
dennis

I bet you're a real hit with the lady Daleks...

Reply to
Andy Dingley

In message , Andy Dingley writes

ROFL!

Reply to
Graeme

You will one day, when you're least expecting it. :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

No he won't, he's too busy laughing about your fairly old rubber plunger :-)

Oh BTW, what on earth does ;

mean?

You are such a tosser Dennis, its so much fun winding you up - especially when you lose the ability to string a sentence together.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why doesn't it surprise me that you fail to understand?

It is a sentence, its just to complex for you.

As for winding me up.. why is it you that resorts to abuse? You are incapable of winding me up, I treat you with contempt.

Reply to
dennis