Sanding Plaster

Due to the hash our double glazing fitter made of the plastering around our new windows, we're going to need to sand quite a bit of it to bring it in line with the rest of the wall. The new plaster around the window is about

2-3mm lower than the surrounding wall and it doesn't blend in at all (hard to explain without pictures).

I tried my crappy Wickes £20 orbital half-sheet thing on one of the other windows. It seemed to do the job, although the dust was pretty bad, the sander clogged up by the end of it and now the motor makes really dodgy noises.

Can anyone recommend a better method of smoothing large areas of plaster, other than ripping the lot off the wall and starting again? Starting to wish he hadn't bothered - could have done a better job myself!

Also, any tips for seamlessly blending new plaster into old emulsioned walls?

Andy

Reply to
Pecanfan

Buy a new B&Q one before you start then take it back once it's b*****ed.

Unfortunately no.

Rough sand the join a few mm lower and then fill with Polyskim.

Reply to
Mike