Sanding a herring bone parquet floor

Hi all,

I have a newly laid (by me) parquet floor,in my hallway which is around 4m x 2m. The wood is pitch pine and laid in a herring bone pattern. The surface of the wood is clean (newly sawn) and there are some planks which "dip" around 1mm so the entire floor will need sanding down by at least this amount.

My question is what the best type of sander to hire to do this?

The Trio finisher/sander has caught my eye. Does anyone know anything about this particular machine and whether it would be my best option?

Thanks in advance!

Colin

Reply to
colinob123

Normal floor drum sander will do it. Work diagonally. Make sure any adhesive is well dried first. If it's pitch, don't do it in especially hot weather.

It's best to sand along the grain, but there is a risk that catching a crosswise block "sideways" can tip or lift it. Diagonally is good enough that you don't get cross-grain problems.

Reply to
Andy Dingley