SALVAGE HUNTERS

Salvaged this mantlepiece from the garage. A bit of French polish and four screws later, it looks like this.

simon

I like it! Not sure about some of the other stuff though.....

Reply to
newshound

What have you done with the rags used to 'french polish' it ?.

rags soaked in linseed oil and other substances have been known to auto combust. The admiralty used to have 'rules' for storing wet canvas and other stuff becaue of this.

Either burn them or keep them in a tin.

Reply to
Andrew

I have a Grad RSC and used to work with linseed oil.

This is way better.

simon