Salter carpet feet

I am afraid that doesn't work. The gravitational force is still distributed between the elastic deformation of the carpet and of the transducer. Depending on their moduli. So the scale reads low.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I suggest you think of bathroom scales on top of bathroom scales; or on the deck of a boat.

The problem with bathroom scales on carpet arises if the carpet touches the underside base of the scales. And can lead to the scales showing you weigh *more*.

Reply to
Robin

So the scale can never work if you use feet that cut through the carpet and underlay so the feet touch the floorboards beneath? The floor boards are no different to the sheet of ply/chip/MDF.

Reply to
alan_m

He is talking through his arse Another example of ALKIADT.

So long as the 4 feet remain the only support points, the scale will work as intended.

Which IME is not very well really.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Here's a link direct to Salter's web site for a set of carpet feet - £3.50

greyridersalso

I need a set of replacement feet for my bat Bathroom scales model 9007.either or hard floors . O7808 039 707. Salter.juliet Hope

Reply to
wanitopa.jlh

Piece of painted plywood. Brian

Reply to