Safestyle?

We need a new front door, a local guy who will do a half decent job has quoted me £650 for a composite including the window above.

Another well respected local company did a double door on the back a few years ago, been very happy with it, they came out and adjusted it when it was a bit moody during the hot summer, i've been meaning to get them out and quote for it.

Today Safestyle were in the area canvassing and the missus has invited them around to measure it tomorrow evening (is domestic violence still frowned upon?). What shall I expect, i'm happy to have them measure and quote but if they think they are going to procrastinate and wear me down over the course of the evening they've picked the wrong house.

What is their stuff like and are their sales tactics still in the dark ages?

Reply to
R D S

Expect a pressure sell, and you'll never be rid of their interminable telephone calls.

Literally interminable, as for me they held my line open :(

Reply to
HarpingOn

Well we've no land lane, and if they have her mobile number, more fool her.

Reply to
R D S

/R D S

Until they convince her they 'need' to speak to you too...

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

The earlier poster was right about the follow on telephone calls. Endless. I used to say to them "You've replaced every window and external door in th e house; what more do you want from me?" I think that the process by which you become a "lead" for their telephone a ppointments team to pester leaves something to be desired. The frustration of the folks making the calls was often evident. I frequently heard expleti ves being muttered, not directed at me, but at the quality of the leads pro vided to them, from which conversion to appointments is supposed to generat e their income.

Regards. Terry.

Reply to
terry.shitcrumbs

Do not touch Safestyle with a barge-pole. People near me had them and were appalled at some of the workmanship.

Reply to
Jim Jones

Ha, well I had a rant and I said I wasn't going to let them in the house, she said she'd just let them measure and give a price. I told her it doesn't work like that.

They called today to make sure we'd both be in so she had the sense to tell them not to bother coming.

It's a shame, i'm curious as to how much they'd want but it's plainly more than people would be willing to spend if they didn't employ the tactics that they do.

Reply to
R D S

When I had some double glazing quotes done I left my webcam on the floor half hidden, as soon as the guy from anglian windows noticed the flashing LED he couldn't leave quick enough. (I was only recording audio anyway). he was going on about how other windows all yellow after a few years at the time and droppping the demo window on the floor proving how strong there were, that's when he noticed the camera.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Nice one, I bet he thought you were Matt Allwright in disguise.

Reply to
R D S

If anyone tries to hold your line open - press recall (R) this gives you a dial tone, hang up and the phone will ring, do not answer, after a few rings it will stop and your original caller will have been forcibly released by your exchange. This is also the best way of moving to another extension without leaving the first phone off the hook, just answer the ringing from the new extension, but you may need to run if it's too far!

Albeit that recently the timeout period after the called party has hung up has been reduced by most suppliers from 2-3 minutes to a matter of seconds. If you have hung up on an unwanted caller don't be tempted to see if they are still there as this resets the timer!!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

I often hear this when involved in a discussion about the windows in a block of flats, from people who just don't want them

I say, look around the local streets and see if you can find me this mythical yellow one!

tim

Reply to
tim.....