Rubber sealing from cooker overn door

Just got a second hand cooker from a friend. When the oven was on and I opened the door the rubber gasket seal thingy had dropped down. Is there a special heat resistant glue I can get to glue it back into place.

Best wishes

Big Craigie

Reply to
Big Craigie

A high temperature silicone will do the trick but you must get the surfaces perfectly grease free to start with.

An example is part no 423-6938 from

CPC possibly carry something similar

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Check first to see if your oven has little holes near the corners of the surround. CPC sell a universal oven gasket kit, which is based on little hooky things to hold the gasket at the 4 corners, no high temperature sealant required.

Reply to
Tony Williams

Had a similar thing on a (old) Creda Concept - the door seal had streched over the years, but looked as if it had come unstuck or lost rubber-bung-thingies. A new replacement from the spares shop was definitely shorter, but fitted beautifully. Now working fine. hth Neil

Reply to
neil

The trouble is, it's bright red. Any genuine silicone sealant should be OK at normal oven temperatures.

Reply to
Chris Bacon