Router cutter profile grinding service?

Just a thought, but the moulding on mine is about 2" high, and I don't think any router would be powerful enough to do it in one pass.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Many of us here are crazy - by your standards. People do it successfully, though homemade cutters dont have a long life.

Indeed, its common practice to assemble them from flat board plus moulding. But you still need to make that top section if you cant get the moulding anywhere, nor create it by sticking a few bits of moulding together.

Doing it in plaster is also an option, and probably easier. You cut the profile piece in wood rather than steel, and use it to wipe the required shape into place in situ.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I really miss those Victorian mouldings. Not the indoor winter temperatures that too often hung around them though.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

These are 1" and quite simple. It's just that the builder made them himself, so neither B&Q nor Wicks offerings come close.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

I tend not to lie on the floor much these days. ;-)

However, it provides a large air gap for the bricks before the plaster starts. So useful with no DPC.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)