Roller shutter garage doors

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. Some of the prices quoted show that the doors advertised aren't so wide of the mark and that it's Wickes who are out of kilter. Have since found another one quoting around £700 so will be making a few phone calls in the new year. Looks like this won't be DIY after all....

Reply to
Bald eagle

NOTICE TO ANYONE WANTING TO INSTALL GARAGE DOORS FROM SEGURO GARAGE DOORS U= K LTD THEY ARE BASED IN CHELMSFORD ESSEX TEL 01245361676. Hi to anyone who want to have agarage doors or shutters fitted please stay = away from SEGURO GARAGE DOORS UK LTD as i am having a bad experience with t= hem. i contacted them from their ad in the local paper in ilford essex and = made an appointment they came to my property in mid september 2012 and made= mistake in measurement and came back again and made further errors as to t= he size and to date still has not fitted my shutter i have paid upfront fee= of =A3400,00. SEGRURO informs me they will fit my door to the correct size= soon before Xmax=20 they did come to fis my door on 22-11-12 but the fitter came with no ladder= s or scaffold and were stateing to me that they have no foxing to install m= y shutters i offered my ladders scaffold and fixings, but we discovered the= frame was not precoated the channels were wrong colour and incorrect size = the and also the shutter was the wrong size too small to fit in the opening= . To date i still have not had my shutters installed numerous telephone cal= l to them no reply sent several Emails. I asked for my =A3400.00 deposit ba= ck in september 2012 they have still not given me a date PLEASE KEEP AWAY F= ORM THIS COMPANY

Reply to
oniv.pt

Steer clear of Seguro if you want a quality product, very cheep and nasty, = no mechanical locking, plastic axle with the curtain just screwed onto it, = couldn't believe they charged =A3800 for it! The advert states that it's fu= lly secure but you can lift the curtain straight up! Pay the extra and get = a decent make, Hormann, Seceuroglide, Glideroll etc.

Reply to
GoodGuy

and the prize for the most inept spam so far this year goes to

snipped-for-privacy@maidstonegaragedoors.co.uk

Sigh!

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Firms that desperate for work are generally bad firms.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Anyone in Kent needing quality Roller Shutters installed, Please call Medway Home Improvements, We are the leading supplier and installer in Kent Using Only Quality products at competitive prices, Stay clear from the £699 rip off merchants, we have removed over 20 of these doors in the last 3 years and also hear any stories being in the industry and we aren't biased! we sell and deal with the trade all the time and there doors just are no way near a touch on a "proper" shutter due to unsafe and very bad quality manufacturing. Medway Home Improvements - 01634 313821

Reply to
White1711

White1711 wrote in news:44f32$551bf621$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

A family member had work done by these jokers, the standard of work was appalling and they had to come back 3 times to get the shutters working correctly.

Despite being asked to use the back door they trecked through the house and left muddy footprints everywhere.

All in all, Medway Home Inprovements would be absolutely the last company I would want doing work on my house, avoid.

Reply to
Peter Finch

I have removed some that had a cardboard tube. Yes, cardboard. Our decent qulaity door with a steel tube, and insulated aluminium slates are £945 for most single doors. Or £1295 with all the bells and whistles. Alarm, one touch closing, upgraded motor etc.

Reply to
chelmsford-roller-doors

Adam, our tame electrician knows how to get through those very quickly with an angle grinder, especially if he is in a hurry to get home.

Reply to
Andrew

If a cardboard tube works something with a steel tube is possibly over engineered.

Reply to
alan_m

I was told pretty well every installer uses the same maker?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News