Secure Garage door for a Van

Hi,

I am in the process of changing the use of my workshop constructed out of breeze blocks in to a garage. Well actually the new venture I am going into, calls for van to be parked in a secure garage overnight - as the items in the van are quite desirable. Now it is going to be either a Transit 350 Jumbo or a Mercedes Sprinter LWB. Jumbo is 2583mm high and 2360mm wide (8.47' x 7.74') and Sprinter is

2345mm high and 1935mm wide (7.69' x 6.34'). Length is not a problem as the workshop is wide and deep enough. I am more keen on the sprinter but might have to settle for the Jumbo for cost reasons. What are my options for a secure Garage door? The Garage will not be attached to the house, it will be an outbuilding behind the house, I will probably alarm the Van and the Garage but what kind of door shall I go for. I am after the most secure type. Any idea's on the price?

Thanks

JM

Reply to
Jag Mann

Most of the burglars houses wherever I have lived have had roller shutters.

Put a web cam in there too. Set up its own pc and monitor. They don't need to save anything to disk. But to get a look at the thieves as best you can in safety if the worst comes to the worst and alarm bells ring....

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Consider a roller shutter or, better still, a sectional door. The latter are less prone to jamming, or so anecdotal tales suggest. We have a large sectional door in our detached garage, electrically operated, and it's the Rover's Rocks, (ie Mutt's Nuts etc.). It's made by Novoferm, a German company. Of course, it is linked to the alarm system in the house.

HTH

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry