Double Glazing Post-installation: Is this a problem?

I've had an installation done recently, unfortunately they had to return again to fit a new panel for one they had cracked when they were installing it, plus to fit "brick trim" to another window. Unfortunately, I realised after they had gone that the window with the "brick trim" seems to have a new characteristic - when you are closing it, it scrapes against the frame slightly but locks ok. Am I being picky if I ask them to come out and adjust the window, or is it a symptom of something bigger or which may get worse as time goes on?

Thanks for any opinions.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Lovett

You paid for them to be perfect, and they aren't perfect, so call the fitters back and have them fix it now before it gets a chance to get any worse.

Brits never complain about faulty things they buy. When you buy something it is sold as being able to do its job perfectly, if it doesn't do that job perfectly then it's faulty and needs repaired or replaced. If it's just bought, then it gets replaced without question.

I see that the window systems here aren't cheap, so if I were to buy them and they scraped or didn't fit in the hole properly, I'd want them replaced.

Reply to
BigWallop

Call them back, firmly but politely. If they are a decent firm, they will not quibble.

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

They better not *quibble* (I think this means the company complaining about being called out to their faulty equipment). This man's just paid thousands of dollars to have them installed in his home and they don't work right.

Reply to
BigWallop

Call them back by all means.

When the fitters arrive they might open the sash and push it upwards (towards the head of the frame) and that could fix it. The sash has possibly dropped a little or the bottom of the sash frame has "sagged" a bit.

Try the remedy yourself if you wish, you will not do any harm to the window.

-- Mike

Reply to
C M Harding

Thanks to all for your suggestions - I've written to the (nationally known company) in a polite but clear note asking for a call out at a time that is least inconvenient for me....I sure hope they manage to fix this without creating another knock-on problem!

Sean

Reply to
Sean Lovett