Insulated Garage Roller Door..

Just moved into new place, and it has the most fantastic of things, a dry garage!

But the up and over door *has* to go... and as I want to use this room pretty much all year, Im going to dry line the walls, and replace the up and over with an insulated roller door.

Any recomendations on good quality makes/suppliers? I dont mind spending a bit of money on this (I anticipate somewhere round the 1K mark..)

And how easy are they to install? Or is it really a better idea to get them installed professionaly?

Comments please people!

Reply to
Spike

You won't get a decent garage door for £1k.

Are you really sure that you want a roller type? They look as though your property is on an industrial estate.

A reasonable compromise is a sectional type and among these, Hoermann is probably best in terms of quality in a range close to your budget.

Reply to
Andy Hall

things, a

Hoermann

budget.

I had a local roller door company powder coat my garage 15 foot wide by 8 foot high roller door to match the front door and don't get many people confusing us with an industrial estate. On the other hand I do have the huge benefit of a roller in that the ceiling space isn't taken up with an 'up and over', the wall space isn't taken up with a 'slide round the side type', and I can park right up to it and still open it unlike 'conventional doors'. The whole thing from measurement / quotation to fitting was 4 days and cost £1200 - a bargain I think.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

You have a front door with horizontal slats?

There is a slight functional benefit at the expense of an aesthetic one.

It is possible to have both up and over and sectional doors without external projection.

If you like that kind of thing.

Reply to
Andy Hall

What's wrong with horizontal slats? Particularly insulated ones? better than your average up and over.

Roller one is no less aesthetic, particularly against the pseudostyle ones.

It's the /internal/ projection that's the down point. I'm going for an insulated roller door shortly, as none of the alternatives are suitable.

Sounds a good price to me.

Reply to
<me9

I have a foam filled aluminium roller shutter, any colour is available. Diy fitting is straightforward.

they are warm and windproof.

After about 15 years the suspension straps started to fail, easy to replace though.

Reply to
mrcheerful

You live on an industrial estate?

Aesthetic disaster.