RO Water filter recommendation

Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a reverse osmosis water filter?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John Greenwood

Depends on what you need it for?

Reply to
Martin

Fitted under sink to provide water for drinking and cooking.

Reply to
John Greenwood

I posted this in reply to a similar question a few months back:

"We put together our system from components purchased from Sparrow & Newman in Devon. This is what we have:

20u > 5u > carbon > RO > carbon > storage vessel > UV > tap.

Our incoming water is very dirty (chemically, not biologically). The output is extremely clean.

You really need the storage vessel, since the output from a small RO is very slow.

The total cost was around £500, and it costs around £100 per year for a full set of new cartridges (actually, the 20um gets replaced monthly, and the 5u every 2 months)."

HTH

Reply to
Grunff

RO units run very slow, so you will need somewhere to store the result, They also produce a LOT of waste. Try "Purity On Tap",

and follow the link for drinking water systems.

Reply to
Martin

True.

None of the Gemini products on that page (One, Two and Super) appear to be RO systems.

Reply to
Grunff

What is the water source and the type of contamination you expect?

Reply to
Peter Parry